Texas Style Hot Dogs by Kevin Roberts
- Shredded cabbage
- Celery seed
- Dill pickles, chopped
- Apple-cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Barbecue sauce
- 8 Kosher All Beef hot dogs or brats
- 8 good quality hot dog buns
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 5 lemons, sliced
- 5 limes, sliced
- 5 oranges, sliced
- 5 jalapenos, whole
- 2-4 bottles, white wine
- 1 bottle, sprite or 7up
These are easier than most people think. Soak or boil brats or different style hot dogs in your favorite craft beer. Stone is good, pbr if you want to go really rugged or a dark beer of you like a more smoky robust flavor. Simply cook or soak the hot dogs, and then grill!
Directions for hot dogs:
- Add shredded cabbage to a large mixing bowl.
- Add celery seed, pickles, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and put aside.
- Grill/boil/bake hot dogs and buns until desired doneness.
Directions for Grilled Fruit Sangria:
- Grill all the fruit and jalapenos getting nice grill marks on the fruit.
- Pour white wine into pitchers.
- Add fruit to the pitchers.
- In separate cups, add ice and a jalapeno garnish. Pour wine into cups and serve.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.