Texas-Sized Turkey Legs
- 4 Qt. Cold Water
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Tarragon
- 4 Large Turkey Legs
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- Sea Salt To Taste Freshly Ground Pepper To Taste
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1. Whisk water, salt, brown sugar, and tarragon together in a large container. Submerge turkey legs, weighing them down with a heavy plate if you need to. Let soak for a minimum of 4 hours and no longer than 24 hours.
2. One hour prior to cooking, remove legs and pat dry with paper towels. Rub legs with oil
and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cook legs on a high-heat grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While the legs are cooking, make the sauce: In a bowl, combine honey, brown sugar,
tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar. Brush on turkey legs during the
last 10 minutes of grilling.
5. When done, transfer legs from the grill to a platter or plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest
about 10 to 15 minutes.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page