Tastes-Like-Ice-Cream Kale Smoothie
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed, ripped into small pieces), plus more to taste
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup (43g) chopped pitted dates soaked or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes (more if using fresh bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger, plus more to taste (optional)
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed and puree for about a minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak flavors to taste (you may like a bit more kale, sweetener, or ginger). Note: With a conventional blender, you’ll get the smoothest consistency if you use maple syrup or chop the dates finely.
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Flax oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
Tess’ book, “The Blender Girl,” by Tess Masters is available on Amazon.com and at bookstores nationwide. Published by Ten Speed Press. For more info on Tess, go to: www.theblendergirl.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.