A smoothie so good you won't believe your drinking kale!
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed, ripped into small pieces), plus more to taste
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup (43g) chopped pitted dates soaked or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes (more if using fresh bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger, plus more to taste (optional)
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed and puree for
about a minute, until smooth and creamy.
Tweak flavors to taste (you may like a bit
more kale, sweetener, or ginger). Note: With a conventional blender, you’ll get the smoothest consistency if you use
maple syrup or chop the dates finely.
1 Tablespoon Hemp seeds
1 Tablespoon Flax oil
1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
Return to Episode Guide >>
Tess’ book, “The Blender Girl,” by Tess Masters is available on Amazon.com and at bookstores nationwide. Published by Ten Speed Press.
For more info on Tess, go to: www.theblendergirl.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.