“Taste of Home” Beef, Potato & Egg bake by Jennifer Fisher
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 14 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
To keep my family going all morning, I start with lean ground beef and spices, then sneak some spinach into this protein-packed dish. —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
Prep: 25 min. Bake 45 min
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, sage and pepper flakes over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up beef into 3/4-inch crumbles; drain. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat.
- Spread potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with beef mixture. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, pepper and remaining salt; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.