Tanya Memme's Canadian Hometown Recipe for Maple Pecan Pie
- ½ (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
"When I was a kid I used to love hay rides through the sugar bush with my best friend from kindergarten. Every year Sharon's dad Noel would teach us about Maple Trees and how to "tap" them for sap. We would empty the hanging buckets into a big cauldron and boil it over an open fire for hours. He let us sample it every few hours until it reached perfect consistency and taste.
My secret ingredient is pure Canadian Maple Syrup. This recipe is dear to my heart and reminds me of wonderful memories growing up in Canada." - Tanya
- Preheat oven to 325°. Fit piecrust into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; sprinkle piecrust with powdered sugar.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Whisk in brown sugar and next 7 ingredients. Pour mixture into piecrust and top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300° and bake 30 more minutes. Turn oven off and let pie stand in oven with door closed for 3 hours.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.