Directions for Tagliatelle
1) Form the flour into a mound; create a well in center. Add the eggs and yolks to the center of the well. Using a fork, incorporate eggs in a circular motion, pulling in small amounts of flour until dough becomes stiff.
2) Knead dough, adding a little flour as necessary, to prevent sticking, until it's smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap; let rest for 30 minutes.
3) Cut dough into quarters. Flatten1 quarter into a rectangle (cover others with a towel). Pass dough through a hand-cranked pasta roller set at widest setting. Fold dough in thirds, creating another rectangle; feed open edge through roller set at widest setting. Fold again; roll twice more using same setting. Decrease setting one notch and roll pasta through again; repeat, decreasing setting by one notch each time until you've reached the second-to-last setting, creating a 1⁄16"-thick sheet.
4) Sprinkle sheet with flour; halve crosswise. Transfer to flour-dusted parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough, adding flour-dusted parchment paper between each layer.
Tightly roll each sheet, from short end to short end; cut cylinder crosswise into 3⁄8"-wide strips. Unroll strips and toss with flour; spread on a floured parchment sheet. Let dry for 30 minutes.
Directions for Sauce
1) In a large bowl, soak dried porcini for 20 minutes, strain mushrooms and reserve water
Meanwhile, in a large sauce pot, heat 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive over medium heat, add trumpet royale mushrooms, chopped vegetables and 1 tablespoon of salt and sweat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add porcini to the pot and stir. Add tomato paste and stir until caramelized, then add whole peeled tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes
2) Deglaze with red wine, add porcini soaking water, parm rinds and chili flake, simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add cream and butter, stir to combine, simmer for another 5 minutes
Directions for Combination
1) Bring a large pot (6-8qt) of water to boil, season well with salt. The water should taste like the ocean. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2 minutes, drain reserving ½ cooking water. Place pasta in the pot with porcini bolognese, toss to combine.
2) Add the rosemary, butter and parm and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately, garnish with a dollop of ricotta
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page