1. Marinate your beef for 2 mins. In a separate pot, boil water and add your tofu in there to boil. (boil tofu for 5 mins)
2. Heat your wok or nonstick pan to high with some soybean oil.
3. Add your beef and stir fry until 80% done, cooked with very little pinkness in the center
4. Remove the beef from the wok and now add your aromatics (bell peppers green onions, garlic, ginger, basil, chili flake)
5. Stir fry that for 1 min and then add your beef, soy, chili sauce, chili oil, sugar and cooked tofu.
6. Stir fry everything until fully incorporated and the beef is fully cooked. Stir carefully so you don’t break the tofu cubes.
7. Plate and drizzle chili oil on top. Enjoy with rice or skip the carbs and enjoy it by adding more tofu to you dish for more substance.
If your sauce becomes too liquidy, you can create a slurry to thicken the sauce.
Slurry: equal portion of water and cornstarch mixed together. You only need 1/4 cup of slurry to thicken this dish