Sweet Potatoes with Bleu Cheese and Bacon
- 3-5 large sweet potatoes or garnet yams, clean & cut into ¼ inch rounds – leave skin on
- Season with the following: garlic salt, cracked black pepper, smoked paprika & dried thyme
- Olive oil, to lightly coat sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces cooked & crumbed bacon
- 8 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- Chives, snipped for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack(s) in middle.
2. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
3. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and seasonings
4. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for about 25-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are golden brown and softened
5. Take potatoes out of oven, put rack in lower ½ of the oven and set temperature to low broil.
6. Top each sweet potato round with bleu cheese and bacon crumbles. Broil until the cheese is bubbling & melted. Let cool in baking sheets on racks and top with snipped chives.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page