Sweet Cheese Blintzes
- 3 tbsp butter, melted more for the pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 24 ounces fresh blackberries
- 2 cups agave nectar
- Juice of 1 lime
Steps for Gluten-Free Crepes
1. Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave.
2. Add everything into a blender and blend on medium high until completely smooth and bubbles start to form at the top.
3. Pour into a container or bowl and allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temp or reserve in the fridge if using later.
4. Butter an 8-10’’ skillet with about 1⁄2 tablespoon of butter, swirl around to evenly coat the pan, pour excess back into the batter
5. Add 1⁄4 cup of the batter to the pan and swirl around to coat evenly
6. Cook until the edges start to peel away from the side
7. Use your fingers to carefully flip the crepe and cook 1 more minute on the other side. Both sides should be a nice golden brown.
Steps for Sweet Cheese Filling
1. Using a spatula, work the filling ingredients together until they are well mixed
2. Lay the crepe flat and spoon 2 generous tablespoons in the middle.
3. Fold the sides in and starting at the bottom roll up to enclose the filling.
4. Pan fry in butter seam side down first until slightly crispy and warm throughout.
5. Top with desired jam
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page