Summer Orzo Salad
- ½ pound orzo
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup small diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked fresh corn kernels (from about 2 small ears corn)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for tossing the pasta after cooking
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil
Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
When pasta has cooled, stir it with the tomatoes, cheese, corn, vinegar and oil until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the basil. Serve at room temperature or store in GladWare in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to 3 days. (Give the pasta salad a stir and check if additional seasoning is needed before serving).
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page