Stuart O’Keeffe’s Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
- 4 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (3/4 cup whole milk)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- Potato ricer
- Bring water to a boil with the potatoes already in the saucepan.
- Cook potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and place potatoes into a potato ricer and pass through into a regular heatproof glass bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, creme fraiche and butter until bubbles start to form.
- Mix the hot mixture with the potatoes and blend well with a stand mixer or hand mixer until potatoes are super creamy, add in chives and mix for about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and of course TASTE!!!
- Place in a heat proof dish and cover with foil until ready for use. Reheat in oven at 200°F if necessary for 10 minutes.
For more information on Stuart’s apron line, go to:
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.