- 2 full racks pork BABY BACK RIBS
- 1 1-inch piece of GINGER, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon CHINESE FIVE-SPICE POWDER”
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon. chopped fresh tarragon
Directions for Ribs
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ribs, ginger, and garlic. Bring back to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for about 5 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and brown sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is smooth and thick. Then reduce for about 10 minutes on medium heat. Set aside.
4. Drain ribs and pat dry with some paper towels. Line a 36 x 18-inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place ribs on baking sheet and brush all over with marinade.
5. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes, basting with a brush every 15 minutes with more marinade.
6. Serve on a platter and spoon extra sauce on top.”
Directions for Salad
1. Separate the lettuce leaves. Wash, rinse and dry the lettuce. place on a large platter placing them on top of each other almost like building a small lettuce tower, smaller leaves to go on top.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette. Drizzle over the lettuce, Sprinkle the chives and tarragon on top. Serve immediately.