Stallone Ricotta Cheesecake
- 16 ounce precious brand skim ricotta cheese comma or something comparable
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts pre- standard not extra-large, or homemade graham cracker or almond meal crust
- 4 egg whites
- 8 Yolks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- One bar dark chocolate
- 2 Lemon Rinds finely grated to the zest only
1) Combine lemon zest, egg yolks, flour, sugar and ricotta cheese; blend together with a mixer, or in a Vitamix style blender.
2) Beat egg whites into a meringue style mixture, and fold them into the combined ingredients above.
3) The mixture will become less dense, and more of a liquid texture. At that point pour into both pie pans, shaved dark chocolate over top, place a sprinkle of crushed and chopped macadamia nuts on top of the chocolate.
4) Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes until there is a golden light ring from the crust to the first quarter of the pie. Remove and let cool on racks then chill.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page