Spicy Beef & Pepper Stir-Fry
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup dried cherry
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions for the Stir-fry:
- In a large bowl, toss beef with ginger, 2 cloves garlic, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, Sriracha chili sauce, lime peel, lime juice and remaining ¼ tsp salt until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry red pepper, red onion, jalapeno and remaining garlic in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in coconut milk mixture; heat through.
- Add spinach and beef; cook until spinach is wilted and beef is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
Directions for the Rice:
- In a large saucepan, bring water, olive oil and salt to a boil. Stir in jasmine rice; return to a boil, stirring once.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-17 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in dried cherries, peanuts and orange peel; let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
TO TOAST COCONUT: Spread in a 15x10x1-in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.