Southern Corn and Potato Chowder
- 5 cups cooked corn
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted margarine
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp non-dairy cream cheese
- 1/2 fresh dill
- 2 2/12 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk substitute
- 3 tbsp of roux
1) In a stockpot add margarine and onions. Saute onions until golden brown. Add corn which has been thoroughly drained. Add potatoes and saute for another 5 minutes. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Make sure water covers potatoes.
2) Once potatoes are tender, add milk substitute, non-dairy cream cheese, roux, dill, onion powder, salt and white pepper, and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
3) Once soup comes to a boil reduce heat and let simmer for another 25-30 minutes. Top with shredded non-dairy cheese and serve.
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page