Sous Vide Holiday Roast
Dan Kohler and Lisa Fetterman use the Nomiku method for cooking a holiday roast!
Ingredients for the Roast:
- 5 lb piece of boneless prime rib roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
Ingredients for the Mustard Rub:
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed into a paste
- 2 Tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Preheat Nomiku water bath to 57ºC (134.7ºF)
- Generously season the roast with salt and pepper, then seal in a freezer safe zip bag (2 gallon size) along with rosemary and thyme.
- Lower bag into water bath and cook for six hours.
- 30 minutes before the six hours are up, preheat oven to 450º.
- Remove roast from water bath, drain off and set aside the liquid in the bag, and transfer the roast to a sheet tray.
- To make the rub, stir together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels before spreading the rub all over it using a rubber spatula.
- Place the beef in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the beef from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Carve and serve with the reserved cooking liquid as an au jus.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.