- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- Corn scraped off 3 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 4 cups veggie or turkey stock
- 1/4 tsp chiptole paste (I blend 1 can of chipotle chilis in Adobo sauce & keep it in my fridge)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups leftover turkey, cut into small cubes
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- A wedge of lime
- Sliced Avocado (optional)
1. Water saute (with 1/2 cup water) the onion, potato and corn in a deep skillet covered with a lid, until tender.
2. Add the quinoa, veggie stock, and seasoning. 3. Cover and simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes. 4. Add the turkey and heat for a further 2 minutes. 5. Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with cilantro, lime and sliced avocado.