Sophie Uliano's Red Quinoa
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 cup baked tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup good olive oil
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
Bring the quinoa and broth to a boil, cover the pan and turn down the heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
Prepare all the veggies and the dressing.
Place the quinoa in a serving dish. Mix in the veggies. Add the dressing, toss well and serve.
You can store the salad for up to 3 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Sophie at SophieUliano.com