Apple And Kale Spice Muffins
• 1-½ C white whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp. each baking soda and baking powder • ½ teaspoon salt • ½ tsp. cinnamon • ¼ tsp. nutmeg ⅛ teaspoon grated vanilla bean (or use ½ teaspoon vanilla extract) • ⅓ C honey • 1 egg • ½ C sour plain yogurt • ⅓ C coconut oil • ½ tsp. vanilla (see above) • 1-½ C grated apples • 1 C finely chopped kale (stems removed and leaves chopped finely in food processor) • 1 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, mix honey, egg, yogurt, oil, vanilla, apples, kale, and nuts.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fill 12 typical size greased muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Gorgeously Green Kale Smoothie
• 1 handful of Kale
• 1 handful of baby spinach • 1 Avocado • 1 kiwi fruit chopped • ½ frozen banana (I always keep banana slices frozen in the fridge) • ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks • 8 – ounces coconut water Recipe:
- Blend in a Nutribullet or Vitamix
Gorgeously Green Roasted Beet And Kale Salad
• 1 large bunch of Dinasaur Kale
• 1 tbsp olive oil • 1 tsp salt • 3 small roasted yellow beets*, chopped • 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped • 1 cup of toasted pecan nuts
- I place my beets in foil and let them slow roast at 375 for about an hour. When cool, I peel them
Lemon Tahini Dressing
• ¼ cup tahini • 1-2 garlic cloves • ½ cup fresh lemon juice • ¼ cup nutritional yeast • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil • 1 tsp kosher salt • Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash the Dino Kale
- Remove the stalks and chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons).
- Place in a bowl and massage with the olive oil and salt.
- Leave for at least an hour (you can leave for a few hours – even overnight).
- Transfer Kale to a pretty bowl and add the dressing.
- Massage it into the salad with your hands.
- Top with other ingredients and serve.