1) To make the turkey, prepare a smoker to cook at 250°f with apple or another fruitwood.
2) Rinse the turkey and pat it dry. brush it with the olive oil, then generously season all surfaces of the turkey with the pepper poultry rub.
3) Place a strip of aluminum foil just larger than the turkey in the smoker, lay the herbs on it, and place the turkey, breast-bone-side down, on top of the herbs.
4) Smoke for 3 hours, until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 165°f.
5) Remove the turkey from the smoker (including the foil with the herbs) and set it on a larger piece of foil. Wrap tightly for 20 to 30 minutes to rest.
6) Wearing gloves, remove the turkey from the foil and fillet the breasts from the bones. Slice thinly for sandwiches.
Directions for Waffle Buns
1) Spray a waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it.
2) In a large bowl, mix the flour, kosher salt, pepper, rosemary, baking powder, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in the milk and melted butter.
3) Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated. Ladle the batter into the waffle iron. cook until crisp, then remove.
4) Sprinkle the top waffle bun with flaked sea salt. repeat with the remaining batter.
Directions for the Sweet Potato Chips
1) Using a mandoline, slice the sweet potatoes very thinly and set aside.
2) In a large frying pan, heat the oil to 350°f. lay the chips in the oil, but do not overcrowd.
3) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn the chips over and cook until crisp but not burned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain and cool.
4) Sprinkle with the rosemary, smoked sea salt, and black pepper.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page