Summer Squash & Winter Squash Tips:
• A winter squash in its prime should be heavy for it's size and shouldn't dent easily when scratched.
• Microwave hard squash in the microwave for 30 sec to soften for cutting and poke holes. • Try a different winter squash each time you go to market. Kabocha Fries
Yield: (makes 25-30 fries, serves several)
• 1 kabocha squash, scrubbed
• 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil • Sea salt and pepper • Buffalo celery ranch dressing, for dipping Recipe:
Roasted Carnival Squash
• 2 small carnival squash • 2 tbsp oil • 2 tbsp brown sugar • salt, to taste • freshly ground black pepper, to taste • rosemary from 2 sprigs, chopped Recipe:
My sister also suggested using maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
We'd like to extend our gratitude to Melissa's World Produce for supplying our winter squash collection. Visit their site at Melissas.com.