Directions for Chicken
1. Heat broiler on high. Slide sheet tray, empty, into broiler to heat as well.
2. Add zucchini, onion, and cherry tomatoes to mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Add chicken thighs to balsamic mixture and toss to coat completely.
5. Remove sheet tray from broiler carefully (wearing an oven mitt) and place it on top of the stove.
6. Place the chicken thighs in the center of the sheet tray, in one layer.
7. Scatter the oiled vegetables around the rest of the tray.
8. Using an oven mitt, slide the tray back under the broiler (4-6 inches away from the flame).
9. Broil the sheet tray for 15-18 minutes, until the chicken is caramelized on top and cooked through.
10. Remove tray from oven and grate cured egg yolks on top. Serve immediately.
Directions for Egg Yolks
1. Whisk salt and sugar together, spread 1/2 mixture evenly into an 8x8 dish.
2. Make 4 divots in the salt mixture with the back of a tablespoon.
3. Place an egg yolk in each divot.
4. Gently sprinkle remaining salt mixture over egg yolks.
5. Lightly cover dish with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 4 days.
Yolks will be safe to eat at this point
6. For an extra change in texture, remove cured yolks from salt mixture and gently brush salt off them. Dip them in water if the crust won’t budge. Heat your oven to 150 degrees.
7. Pat yolks dry.
8. Spray wire rack with oil spray, place yolks on rack.
9. Bake yolks at 150 degrees for 1-2 hours, until they’re the texture of Gruyere cheese.
10.Grate yolks over soups, vegetables, salads, pastas, and main courses.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page