Seared Tuna with Chili and Mango Cilantro Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 cups frisee
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup yellow zucchini, shaved with ribbons
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresno chili, thinly sliced
- Sesame Seared Tuna
- 1 pound sashimi grade tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 bulb fennel, shaved thinly
- 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup fresh diced mango
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Cracked pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the frisee, arugula and cilantro, tossing them together. Top with the yellow zucchini ribbons, mango slices, green onions, fennel and Fresno chili. Set aside.
2. Season the tuna with kosher salt and then press the sesame seed in a thick layer into all sides of the piece of fish.
3. Bring a nonstick pan up to medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sear the tuna, about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, depending how cooked through you like it. Cut the tuna into 1⁄4” thick slices and set aside.
4. For the Vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in small Cuisinart. Season to taste with kosher salt and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Toss the salad with some of the vinaigrette and mix until well coated. Add the seared tuna and serve immediately.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page