Sausage & Seafood Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sausage (turkey, beef, pork, or Andouille), cut into 1⁄2 inch thick slices
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound cod or tilapia fish fillets (skin off), cut into large pieces
- 1/2 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1/2 pound mussels, frozen or fresh (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
1) Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2) Add the sausage. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until sausage begins to brown. Stir in onions, bell peppers, and celery; cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4) Pour in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, corn, and red pepper flakes; cook for 2 minutes. Add broth and water. Bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add fish and seafood to pot and stir well. Cover, and cook just until shrimp are opaque and mussels open, 2 to 3 minutes. Finish by stirring in cilantro.
6) To serve, spoon 1⁄2 cup cooked rice in the center of bowl and top with stew. Garnish with any remaining cilantro.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page