Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 cup flour (I used gluten-free 1-to-1)
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- ½ C vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 large bananas)
- 2/3 cup natural no stir peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dollop Gourmet salted caramel frosting for topping
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped salted peanuts for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the vegetable shortening and sugars. Add the applesauce, mashed banana, peanut butter, and vanilla and continue mixing.
2. In a separate bowl measure out the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. Slowly add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Spread the batter evenly in a loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Allow to cool.
5. Pipe or spread frosting on top of cooled bread or cut into slices and frost each slice. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page