Salt Lick BBQ Slaw Recipe
- Salt Lick Vinegar Mix
- 1½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup salt
- ⅛ tsp. white pepper
- 1 head shredded cabbage
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- Pinch of celery seed
- 1 ounce sesame seeds, popped (toasted)
- ½ cup Salt Lick vinegar mix (above)
Salt Lick Pork Ribs
*NOTE: You will know the ribs are done when the meat has pulled away from the bone by ¼ inch. You can also use a fork to see if it moves around easily on the thick part of the ribs.
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue dry rub
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue basting sauce (one without tomatoes in it)
- 1 rack of spare or baby back ribs
- Bring smoker to 250° F.
- Uniformly spread dry rub on front and back of ribs and place on smoker meat-side down.
- Close door, and cook for 1 hour.
- Baste ribs with barbecue sauce. Turn the ribs over, meat-side up, and baste again, giving great care to basting ends and caramelized areas.
- Cook for 2 more hours and check internal temperature.
- If the ribs have reached 160° F, remove. If not, cook for an additional 15 minutes and continue to check in 15-minute intervals until temperature reaches 160° F.
- Remove and place on wire cooling rack or sheet pan meat-side up to rest. Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
If you'll be in the Texas area or want to view more samples from the "Salt Lick Cookbook," visit owner Scott Roberts at
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at