Sabzi Polo with White Fish
- 4 cups long grain Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 TBS salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 TSB Saffron
- 3 bunches of fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 bunches of parsley chopped
- 3 bunches of chives chopped
- 2 bunches Dill chopped
- 1 bunch Fenugreek
- 2 fresh green garlic
- 2 white fish (each approx. 3 pounds each or 12 pieces fillet)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 TBS salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 eggs
Directions for Sabzi Polo
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add 2 TSP of salt. And 4 cups of rinsed rice
2. Set stove on mid high heat. Don't let it over boil...When rice is just hard in the middle and soft on the outside (Al-dente rice), turn off burner and rinse the rice in a colander.
3. Turn off the burner and Pour the content using the colander and then rinse the rice briefly
under cold water so that the rice stops cooking.
4. Mix in all the herbs, and garlic with rice.
5. Add 1⁄2 cup oil and a stick of butter, half TSP of Saffron in the pot and mix.
6. Divide the mixture in to half in a separate bowl and put aside, the pot has to be Teflon to make Tahdig (crust).
7. In the remaining mixture, pile the mixture of rice and herbs, with the end of wooden spoon, create three holes in the body of the rice, cover the lid, and reduce heat to medium for 10 minutes.
8. Carefully uncover and wrap it in a large kitchen towel.
9. Allow cooking time of 40 to 60 minutes depending on the stove.
10. Carefully flip over the pot of rice on a large platter, and serve.
Direcctions for White Fish
1. Mix 1 cup of flower and 1⁄2 TBS salt, one tsp of pepper, and place on a small cooking tray.
2. Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Dip fillet pieces of fish into the egg mixture for coating and then coat with flour mixture.
4. Fry on a medium heat on both sides till golden.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page