Roasted Zucchini Lasagna
- 2 large zucchini peeled and sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch noodle-like strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ lb turkey breast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 (16 oz) package sliced mushroom
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 ( 15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
For the noodles:
1. Arrange zucchini slices on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper
2. Transfer to oven and bake 5 minutes on each side
3. Reduce oven temperature to 375 Fahrenheit.
For the meat sauce:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey, onion, and garlic in olive oil in 5 minutes
2. Add red pepper and mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
For the cheese mixture:
1. In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, and scallions
2. Spread one-third of meat sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish
3. Layer half zucchini slices on top, spread with half ricotta mixture, and sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
4. Repeat the layers one more time.
5. Add the last layer of sauce, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is browned.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
Celebrity courtesy of: Jorge Cruise, Celebrity Fitness Trainer & Author, “Tiny & Full”, tinyandfull.com