Richard Brancatisano: His Grandmother's recipe for Polpette (meatballs) & Pomodoro Sauce
• Minced pork meat
• Parmesan cheese • Bread Crumbs • Garlic • Parsley • Eggs • Watery tomato sauce (pomodoro passata, garlic, oregano, etc) – see below • Salt and pepper to taste
- Place in a large bowl – pork meat, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, eggs.
- Knead all together / mush up with hands.
- Then roll the mush into little balls (about golf ball size).
- Place in pasta sauce – cook for about 30-45 minutes.
Pomodoro Sauce Ingredients:
• Chopped tomatoes/ diced … whatever –just the hard ends chopped off
• Garlic • Pepper and salt • Good grans padano or parmesan cheese reggiano • Oregano • Chili flakes
Pomodoro Sauce Recipe:
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes / diced … whatever – just the hard ends chopped off. Squash them up - approximately 3-4 tomatoes per person.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add good grans padano or parmesan cheese reggiano into the sauce.
- Add oregano to taste.
- Add chili flakes to taste.
Make sure you catch Richard in "
Chasing Life" on ABC Family!