A delicious and colorful dessert, courtesy of Southern Living!
- 1-1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temp.
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 oz natural plant based red food coloring
- 3-oz cream cheese, softened (for topping)
- ¼ cup butter, softened (for topping)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for topping)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs, cranberries
Directions for the Crust:
Mix oreo cookies (crumbled), sugar and melted butter together and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes
Directions for the filling:
Use an electric mixer or stand mixer: beat together, cream cheese and sugar on medium with for 1 minute.
Then add eggs one at a time mixing completely, and cocoa, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla extract, vinegar, plant based food dye
Mix on low speed unitl fully combined.
Pour onto prepared crust
Bake at 325° for 10 minutes;
Reduce heat to 300 and bake for 1 hour or until center is firm
Remove cheesecake from oven;
Cool in pan on wire rack 60 minutes
Loosen edges from pan by inserting knife around edge.
Cover and chill 8 hours
Directions for the Topping:
Beat 3 oz. Cream cheese and ¼ cup softened butter on medium speed until smooth
Sprinkle in powdered sugar, and vanilla, and beat until smooth
Spread over top of cooled cheesecake
Remove sides of springform pan
Return to Episode Guide >>
Click here to get your copy of Cristina Ferrare's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love." Get additional recipes from Cristina at cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.