- 1 box (15.25 oz.) Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow Cake Mix 1 ⅓ cups apricot nectar 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups apricot nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raspberry spreadable fruit or jam
- 1 package (1 oz.) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup skim or low fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease and flour two 9 or 8-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 ⅓ cup apricot nectar, and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour into greased and floured pans.
- Bake 350° F for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Bake 8-inch pans 30 to 40 min.) Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- To assemble cake, slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- Place 1 cake layer cut side up on serving plate; spread with ⅓ cup spreadable fruit.
- Repeat 2nd & 3rd layers with fruit.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- In small bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar; blend well.
- Add thawed whip topping. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes. Frost sides and top of cake.
- Sprinkle top with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
To toast coconut, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350° F for 7 to 8 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
For more information, visit Kristina Vanni's contest website cookingcontestcentral.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.