Pulled Pork Dumplings
- 1 lb of cooked pulled pork chilled and chopped, (could substitute any bbq meat or chicken, leftovers work well)
- BBQ sauce
- Package of Potsticker, Gyoza, or Won Ton wrappers
- Eggwash or water
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce(your favorite)
- 1 cups of chicken stock or broth
- .1 lb stick of butter diced and cold
- Cole slaw
- Chopped green onion
Directions for Dumplings:
1. To make the dumplings, keep a slightly damp cloth or paper towel over the wrappers and finished dumplings to keep moist while working on them.
2. Mix the BBQ sauce with the meat to bind.
3. Then portion out about a heaping teaspoon of the mixture and form large grape size balls.
4. Then working quickly place several wrappers down and put a portion in the middle of the wrapper just off center.
5. Wet the outside of the wrapper with either the eggwash or water.
6. Pick up and fold to close and seal, pinch tight, should look like a half moon.
7. Repeat to form dumplings.
8. Quickly toss dumplings in semolina, to dust lightly, and freeze, refrigerate or cook.
9. To cook, boil water in a large pot or pasta pot and add dumplings to water, while sauce is cooking (see below).
10. Look for dumplings to float. Do not cook too many at one time. Takes 3-5 minutes typically. Drain and quickly add to sauce that is cooking.
Directions for Sauce:
1. In a large sauté pan or small sauce pot, combine BBQ sauce and stock and heat and reduce by about half.
2. Cook down until you see bubbles on top of bubbles forming.
3. Then add the dumplings from boiling water to sauce to finish.
4. When the bubbles on top of bubble forming again, turn heat and stir in the cold butter.
5. Keep stirring till butter is incorporated. Do NOT turn heat on again or sauce could separate.
Check out more delicious recipes on the Home & Family Pinterest Page