Prosciutto-Wrapped Filet Medallions with Truffle Cauliflower Puree and Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 lb. Beef Filet loin - whole
- 16 Slices of prosciutto de parma
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil
- 1 Head of cauliflower (stem removed and roughly chopped)
- 1 Yellow Spanish onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 4 oz. butter (unsalted)
- 1 C. Heavy cream
- 1 T. White truffle oil
- 1 12 oz. Can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Head of caluiflower (stem removed and cut into small pieces)
- 1 T. Garlic (minced)
1) For the Cauliflower & Truffle Purée: in a Pot combine all ingredients except truffle oil, & cover with water. Bring to a boil & cook until cauliflower is soft. Strain all ingredients reserving the cooking liquid. Add cauliflower & remaking ingredients to a blender & purée adding reserved liquid until it is thick & smooth. Mix in truffle oil & adjust seasoning as needed.
2) For the Filet: Season whole filet with salt & pepper. Wrap filet with pieces of prosciutto until entire loin is wrapped. Sear in a hot pan with olive oil until all sides are crispy. Cook until desired doneness. Let rest 5-6 minutes. Slice into medallions. For the Caramelized Cauliflower: Heat up sauté pan and cook cauliflower with a little bit of olive oil until Caramelized towards the end add the garlic and cook through finish with salt & pepper to taste.
3) For The Roasted Chickpeas: Put rinsed garbanzo beans In a small bowl & drizzle with olive oil until nicely coated. Season with salt & pepper & place onto a tray pan. Roast at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes until crispy.
4) To plate: Using a large kitchen spoon place about 1/2 cup of the cauliflower puree in middle of plate, push the spoon through purée from one end to the next. Place caramelized cauliflower in the middle of purée from on end to the next. Do the same with roasted chickpeas. Place 3-4 filet medallions on top of the cauliflower. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and serve.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page