Potato Gnocchi with Parmigiano Sauce
- 1 kg. Idaho Potatoes, steamed, chilled, and riced
- 400 gr. “00” Flour
- 1 ea. Egg
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 ea. Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp. Truffle Butter
- 1 tsp. Sliced Chives
- Fresh Truffle, for shaving
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Directions for Gnocchi
1. Mix the potatoes, flour, and egg together gently until the ingredients are well incorporated and the dough is smooth.
2. Roll the dough into thin ½-inch thick logs and cut into ½-inch pieces.
3. Using a generous amount of flour, press each piece against the tip of your thumb to make a dent. You can also roll each piece over the back of a well-floured fork to add ridges.
4. Cooked the formed gnocchi pieces as soon as possible in boiling salted water. Once the pieces bob to the top of the water, let the pieces cook for a minute or two and then strain them with a slotted spoon.
Directions for Sauce
1. In a large saucepan, simmer the cheese and cream over low heat.
2. Stir in the egg yolk and truffle butter. Keep warm.
3. Transfer the gnocchi to the parmesan sauce to finish cooking.
4. Garnish with chives and sautéed mushrooms.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page