Directions for Pork Chop
1. Divide the canola oil, thyme, and rosemary between two Ziploc bags. Put 2 pork chops in each bag and marinate them in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Place figs, port, and orange juice in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, and cook until liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Light a grill or heat a large cast-iron pan until hot, and cook two pork chops at a time until meat registers 145 degrees on a thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Set aside to keep warm and repeat with the remaining two. Rest on a plate under tented foil for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to plates and spoon warm compote on top.
Directions for Stuffing
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes to soften up onion.
2. Add chili flakes and sausage and cook for 4 to 6 more minutes, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon to ensure it cooks all the way through.
3. Add the cornbread to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Add chicken stock and stir. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.”