Pomegranate Jeweled Cheeseball
- Unsalted butter (2 Tb.)
- Fresh sage leaves (10)
- Block Cream cheese, softened (1 or 8 oz.)
- Mascarpone cheese (4 oz.)
- Freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- Toasted almonds (1/2 Cup)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Pepper (1/4 tsp)
- Pomegranate arils (1 cup)
1) Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter. Once it’s sizzling, toss in the sage leaves and cook until crispy – flipping once and cooking about 1 minute per side. Remove the sage leaves and place them on a paper towel to crisp up a bit. Set butter aside.
2) In bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese, mascarpone and cheddar cheese. Beat until combined, then add in almonds, sage, leaves, remaining butter, salt and pepper. Mix on low speed until combined, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides and bottom if needed. Take the cheese mixture out of the bowl and mold it into a big ball as best as you can. Roll it in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 mins.
3) Place arils on a paper towel and pat completely dry. Let them sit while the cheese is chilling to remove as much liquid from them as possible.
-After 30 mins. Mold cheese into smooth ball. Add arils to plate or baking sheet and roll ball through them. Press arils into all cracks and crevices. Serve immediately or keep in fridge until ready to use.
Get more from Cristina at CristinaFerrareCooks.com
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page