Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury Chocolate Cookie Mix with Crushed Peppermint Candy
1/2 cup butter, softened* 1 large egg 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury Peppermint Frosting
1. Heat oven to 375F. 2. Reserve peppermint candy pouch for topping.
3. Combine cookie mix, softened butter and egg in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set.
6. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
7. Microwave opened container of frosting on HIGH 20 seconds; stir. Microwave 10 seconds more; stir until smooth.
8. Dip cooled cookies half-way into frosting.
9. Scrape excess from bottom of cookie on edge of container.
10. Place on wire rack. Sprinkle immeditately with reserved peppermint pieces. Allow frosting to set 30 minutes or until hardened.
TIP: To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave 10 to 15 seconds.
TIP: For easy clean up, place wax paper under wire racks before dipping cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Serving Size (1 cookie of 36), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.