- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Baking Chips, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
- 18 Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark SQUARES™ chocolates
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. For the dough: Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the 3/4 cup melted and cooled chocolate chips. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
Directions for cookie cutters:
- Form the dough into two 5 inch discs. Place a disc on a lightly floured work surface, sprinkle flour on top and use rolling pin to roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into 1 1/2 inch circles or star shapes. Repeat with the second disc. After you roll out the second disc combine scraps from each and reroll.
Directions for roll and cut dough:
- Divide the dough in half. Place half on a piece of floured parchment paper. With your hands, gently shape into a 1 1/2 inch wide log. (You can put a little flour on your hands if needed.) Wrap the parchment paper around the log and gently roll the parchment paper and log together to make the log round. Repeat with the other log and a second piece of parchment paper. Refrigerate logs until hard, about 1 hour. (You want it hard enough so when you slice it your cookies stay round and don’t get squished on one side.) Slice the dough 1/4 inch thick. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes, switching the trays half way through if you are baking more than one tray at a time. Cool to room temperature. Once cookies have cooled, brush the undersides of each with the remaining melted chocolate. Place a peppermint square on top of half the cookies. Place a second cookie, melted chocolate side down on top making a sandwich. Let the chocolate harden, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Watch the Video >>
Get more Ghirardelli Recipes here >>
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.