Directions for Pork
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a medium ovenproof skillet set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the pork medallions and sear until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the meat is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Remove the pan from the oven, spoon the pepper jelly over the pork, and tent with foil or parchment paper. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Directions for Toasted Pork Sandwiches
Spread slices of Cuban or sourdough bread with Dijon mustard, layer on the leftover pork medallions, and top with Swiss cheese. Toast the sandwich in a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Serve right away!
Directions for Pepper Jelly
1) In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine all of the peppers and the vinegar. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cook until the mixture returns to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the pectin and bring back up to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
2) Pour the jelly into sterilized jars (see page 216), leaving ½ inch headspace at the top of each jar. Follow the water bath canning instructions (page 218) and process for 10 minutes.
3) Store in the pantry, unopened, for up to 1 year. Once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page