Parmesan Black Pepper Biscuits
- 2¼ cups All Purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese grated on Micro plane
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter grated (keep very cold until using) + 2 tablespoons melted to finish
- 2 cups whole Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Maldon or Kosher salt (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 450°F.
2) Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cheese. Whisk again until fully incorporated.
4) Add the butter and work into the dough using your hands until it forms pea crumbles. Add the yogurt. Gently mix with hands until the dough starts to come together. Pour the milk one tablespoon at a time until the dough becomes moist but not wet (you don't want any dry pieces in the bowl). You may not need all three tablespoons.
5) Place the dough on a lightly floured clean surface and pat out into a rectangle to 1" thick.
6) Cut the biscuits into 2" squares using a chef's knife.
7) Place the biscuits on the baking sheet. Brush the tops with the melted butter. Lightly sprinkle with the Maldon salt.
8) Bake 14 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Turn the baking sheet halfway through to ensure even browning.
9) Transfer to a wire rack. Let rest 7-8 minutes before serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page