Directions for Red Snapper
1. Season snapper fillets with sea salt and pat dry of any excess moisture
2. Coat the bottom of a stainless steel pan with grapeseed oil and heat to medium – high
3. Place fish in pan, filet side down, press gently and allow to sear until golden brown – about 4-5 minutes
4. Flip fish, add thyme and butter to the pan and baste fish for 30 seconds. Remove fish from pan and serve immediately. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over top just before serving.
Directions for Bay Leaf Butter
In a small saucepot, over medium heat, combine beer, bay leaves, garlic, and lemon peel. Allow mixture to come to a simmer and reduce by 2/3. Slowly whisk in cold butter until a sauce is formed, then pulse with a hand blender to break up the bay leaves and add more flavor, then season to taste. Strain sauce into a warm sauce boat.
Directions for Dirty Rice
1. The day before cook your rice. Cook rice as instructed based on the rice you choose. 1 ½ to 1 for long grain rice is a great ratio.
2. In a large non-stick pan, add butter and melt over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until aromatic, add onion, pepper and celery to the pan. Cook until vegetables are translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add jalapeno, garlic and spices to the pan and turn the heat to high, stirring until very fragrant.
4. Add chicken livers and cook rice to the pan and stir until fully incorporated
5. Add remaining butter to the pan and all rice to crisp on one side. Do not stir
6. After about 3 minutes a solid crust should form under the rice, stir all together, add green onions and season dirty rice to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.