Directions for Pork Tenderloin
Preheat oven to 400F. Heat a large cast-iron skillet, or oven-proof heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Season a room temperature 11/4 lb. pork tenderloin all over with salt and pepper. When the skillet is very hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the pork and sear on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the skillet with the pork to the oven and roast until an internal temperature of 140F. Remove the skillet from the oven and reserve the skillet. Transfer the pork to a cutting board to rest covered loosely with foil, about 10 minutes. Proceed to make the Agrodolce sauce according to the instructions (recipe above.) Slice the pork against the grain, drizzle with sauce, and garnish with more fresh rosemary leaves. Serve immediately.
Directions for Agrodolce
1. Drain any extra fat from the pan skillet with the fond on it. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the shallot and cook stirring occasionally and scraping up the brown bits from the pan. Continue to cook until the shallot begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the figs and rosemary and stir to combine.
3. Add the vinegar, bring to a simmer and cook until the balsamic starts to look slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the broth and simmer until reduced slightly, about 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the butter. Serve immediately.