- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, optional
- 1/4 bourbon, optional
- 1 cup toasted pecans, optional
10 servings | 1/2 cup each | 95 kcal serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or sheet pan. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat. 3. Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes. Uncover and toss. Continue to bake until fork tender and brown on the surface (about 40 minutes)
Make a day early and refrigerate. Reheat at 350°F until hot before serving.
Option: Toss before cooking with ¼ cup of bourbon and a dusting of cumin powder for a rich, smoky flavor
Option: Smash the cooked potatoes while still warm and place in a shallow baking dish. Replace the traditional marshmallows with a low-sugar, egg-white meringue for a low-calorie sweet addition.
Option: Garnish with toasted chopped pecans