1. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan with medium heat
2. Add the red onion and agave syrup, stirring regularly until onions begin to caramelize
3. In a separate sauce pan, add the olive oil on medium heat.
4. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
5. Reduce heat to low and add all spices and other ingredients (except the bread). Add the caramelized onions to this mixture as well, and the juice of the olives and jalapeños (about ¼ cup of each)
6. Remove from heat and add the bread slowly, making sure that each cube begins to soak up the mixture.
7. Transfer your ingredients into a casserole dish.
8. Cover and back at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. (If you are not ready for this step, you can cover the mixture and keep it in the refrigerator for up to two days).
Dad’s secret ingredient…now this is if you want to go the traditional route – NOT vegan! His secret ingredient was one dark leg of turkey and one turkey breast (white meat). Yummmmm! Enjoy!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page