Pad Thai and Thai Silk Cocktail
- 4 tbsp. Tiparos Fish sauce
- 4 tbsp. Bottled Tamarind Paste
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Siracha Chili Sauce (Optional)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Packaged Salted Turnip, minced
- 1 tsp. Dried Shrimp
- 3-4 cup BKM Chantaboon Rice Stick
- 1 tbsp. Paprika for color (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Sliced Baked Tofu, diced
- 1/2 cup (1-inch lengths) Chicken, cut into thin strips
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 3-4 Green onions cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup Chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 3 oz. Nigori (unfiltered) Sake
- 1 oz. Pineapple Rum
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Sweet & sour
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Soak noodles in warm water and cover for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, tamarind paste, limejuice, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Put wok on high heat and add oil coating the pan completely.
- When pan starts to smoke, add garlic and stir for 5 seconds then add turnip, dried shrimp, and tofu; stir-frying until they begin to soften for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and stir-fry until no longer pink, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Push ingredients in wok to the side and allow the oil to settle in center of pan.
- Crack eggs into pan, making sure to break the yolks, then lightly scramble until half-cooked for about 30 seconds.
- Combine with remaining cooked ingredients in pan.
- Add shrimp and cook until chicken and shrimp are medium done, about 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups drained noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add reserved sauce mixture and paprika and fold together until paprika evenly colors noodles and all liquid is absorbed for about 2 minutes.
- Place green onions in center of noodles, and then spoon some noodles over green onions allowing it to steam for 30 seconds.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons peanuts.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with bean sprouts and remaining peanuts and enjoy!
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes
- Shake well
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with Kaffir Lime leaf and enjoy!
For more information on Chet Jet Tila, go to: ChefJet.Com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.