A delicious traditional Thai dish.
- 4 tbsp. Tiparos Fish sauce
- 4 tbsp. Bottled Tamarind Paste
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Siracha Chili Sauce (Optional)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Packaged Salted Turnip, minced
- 1 tsp. Dried Shrimp
- 3-4 cup BKM Chantaboon Rice Stick
- 1 tbsp. Paprika for color (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Sliced Baked Tofu, diced
- 1/2 cup (1-inch lengths) Chicken, cut into thin strips
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 3-4 Green onions cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup Chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 3 oz. Nigori (unfiltered) Sake
- 1 oz. Pineapple Rum
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Sweet & sour
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
Soak noodles in warm water and cover for 1 hour.
In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, tamarind paste, limejuice, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and sugar. Set aside.
Put wok on high heat and add oil coating the pan completely.
When pan starts to smoke, add garlic and stir for 5 seconds then add turnip, dried shrimp, and tofu; stir-frying until they begin to soften for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add chicken pieces and stir-fry until no longer pink, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Push ingredients in wok to the side and allow the oil to settle in center of pan.
Crack eggs into pan, making sure to break the yolks, then lightly scramble until half-cooked for about 30 seconds.
Combine with remaining cooked ingredients in pan.
Add shrimp and cook until chicken and shrimp are medium done, about 1 minute.
Add 3 cups drained noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add reserved sauce mixture and paprika and fold together until paprika evenly colors noodles and all liquid is absorbed for about 2 minutes.
Place green onions in center of noodles, and then spoon some noodles over green onions allowing it to steam for 30 seconds.
Stir in 3 tablespoons peanuts.
Transfer to serving plate and garnish with bean sprouts and remaining peanuts and enjoy!
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes
Strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with Kaffir Lime leaf and enjoy!
Return to Episode Guide >>
For more information on Chet Jet Tila, go to: ChefJet.Com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.