To make the tomato sauce:
• Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
• Add the garlic & sauté about 2 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes & cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
• Season with salt & pepper.
• Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, about 30 minutes, until thick.
To make the Paccheri:
• Preheat the oven to 450º. Bring large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
• Add the Paccheri & cook according to package instructions
• Add the pecorino, parmigiano, & mozzarella to the thickened tomato sauce & stir until the mozzarella melts.
• Stir in the basil & season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Use a spider to lift the paccheri out of the water & into the sauce.
• Toss to coat, then transfer to a 4-quart casserole.
• Cover with parchment paper, tucking it into the sides of the dish.
• Bake about 20 minutes, until the pasta is piping hot.
• Bring the dish to the table, cut an "X" in the parchment, & gently tear back the points.
• Spoon some ricotta onto each portion.