Directions for Salmon
1) Cut the salmon fillet into thin slices.
2) In a small, glass bowl, combine the salt and sugar.
3) Toss the salmon slices in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and cure in the refrigerator for 12 to 18 hours.
4) Remove from the refrigerator and rinse the salmon slices well under running water.
5) Place the fish in a mason jar and layer with the spices, herbs, and aromatics.
6) Pour the oil in until the ingredients are fully covered.
7) Add the vinegar last, screw on the jar’s lid, then give it a gentle shake to mix the flavors.
8) Seal the jar and store in the refrigerator for at least a day before serving to let the flavors infuse. The olive oil will become opaque, so let it come to room temperature before serving.
9) Save the oil once the salmon is finished and use it for a salad dressing!
Directions for Salad
1) Tear lettuce into bowl.
2) Drizzle lettuce with grapefruit juice and olive oil (only as much as you want).
3) Add grapefruit and pomegranate.
4) Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine.