- 1 Pkg of Simply Potatoes hash browns. (Usually found in the section with the eggs or cheeses.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 small or half of a large onion chopped and sauteed until limp but not browned in a teaspoon of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Oil for frying. I prefer canola because it adds no taste
1. Saute onions
2. Lightly beat eggs and add salt and pepper to eggs
3. Add eggs and onions to potatoes
4. Add flour
5. Use an immersion blender to mix until the desired consistency
6. I prefer them smooth but with a light sprinkling of potato pieces here and there.
7. Add to hot oil that is at least 350 degrees.
8. Fry until edges crisp up and then turn
9. They should be lightly golden brown on both sides.
10. Drain on paper towel
- I serve them on a platter with sour cream on one side and applesauce on the other.
- I also add chopped eggs and caviar if they are for company or bite size.
- These can also be added to the platter and look very special.
- I use a slotted spatula, fork or spoon to fry with.
- An immersion blender and a small frying pan for the onions.