New Zealand Lamb Chops with Mint Sauce
- Rack of Lamb Chops (8/rack)
- 2 tbsps. Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsps. chopped Rosemary
- 1 TBSP minced Garlic
- Pepper to taste
- ½ lb. Red and white potatoes (mix of both for color)
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1 tightly packed cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1) Prepare mint sauce with mortar and pestle, set aside.
2) Separate chops; rub with olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Chop potatoes into 1 inch squares.
3) Mix in bowl of 1 cup water, 2 tbsps. Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Put flat on 1 inch deep baking dish, put in oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn potatoes every 5 minutes with spatula. At 45 minutes the water will evaporate into the potatoes and they should be getting crispy.
4) Once potatoes are in oven, set a timer for 30 minutes. At that point, cook fresh peas in water on stove. Boil until tender.
5) Grill lamb chops in pan on stove, 4 ½ to 5 minutes on each side. Once chops are done, plate them with peas and potatoes, top with mint sauce. The mint sauce goes on the chops and can bleed into the potatoes. Serve 2 chops per person. Serves 4.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page