- 1 cup - cream
- 1/3 cup - light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup - honey
- 1/2 cup - Domino® Superfine Sugar
- 2 ounces - (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon - ground cinnamon
- 1 cup - sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- 6 cups (1 1/2 pints) salted caramel ice cream
Directions for Honey Cinnamon Almond Caramels:
- Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan. Line bottom with parchment paper.
Grease top of parchment paper.
- Combine cream, corn syrup, honey and sugar in large pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring often to 260°F (using a candy thermometer) about 10 minutes.
- The mixture should be at a full boil. Depending on your stove you may need to cook over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, salt, cinnamon and almonds. Pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- Run knife around the inside edge of pan and invert onto cutting board. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Roll individually in waxed paper, or layer between sheets of waxed paper in a decorative box.
Directions for Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind cereal into a fine powder. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, ground cereal, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down side of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined. Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoons of dough and form 36 balls. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Press down lightly with a glass and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until cookies are set about 8-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- When ready to prepare the sandwiches, combine the toffee bits and 3/4 cup cereal in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of ice cream and spread on the underside of one side of the cookies. Top with another cookie and roll the edges in toffee-cereal mixture.
- Continue with remaining cookies, placing each completed ice cream sandwich in the freezer immediately.
- Freeze ice cream sandwiches for at least 2 hours until firm.
Watch the Video >>
Return to Episode Guide >>
For more information, please visit justhaves.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.